Tippin' My Hat To 2012


I think it's normal at the end of each year to look back and reflect on all the crazy things that happened that year. At first I had trouble thinking of things, but then as I remembered one, another memory floated along until I got to the point that I realized a lot of things really did happen.

For one:

I had a non- human stalker

I came across box after box of insanely awesome photos of my grandparents when they were younger. My grandparents were my world, so this find is priceless to me

I tried out cross country skiing and LOVED it... my dad even surprised me with my own set for my birthday/ Christmas- this spoiled girl is stoked. I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoy hiking- it's a relaxing way to get out and enjoy the scenery

We put an offer in on a house. It was rustic and gorgeous and I still think about it. But we were overbid. That whole situation was a huge learning experience for me and had we won the bid, we never would have been able to rent the flippin awesome cabin we have now

For 12+ weeks I tried out the Happiness Trick... and I think I'm going to do it again

The hubs and I celebrated 4 years of marriage and 10 years of being together- time flies when you're with your favorite person

A bunch of my awesome clients sent me GORGEOUS photos from their weddings. Just one example

I discovered instagram and am now hooked

Brides wearing Silver Pencil products were featured in Weddingbells Magazine, Style Me Pretty, and Ruffled Blog

I made my first trek up to Big Sky, Montana to visit my little brother

I confided in you and spilled 10 things you probably didn't know about me... the second installment will be coming soon... don't fall asleep yet

Maverick broke out his musical skills to my terrible harmonica playing

I opened SP Home! A huge and incredibly rewarding experience thus far!

We discovered one of our new favorite places to camp

I flew out to California to be in my good friend's wedding and had an amazing time catching up with all the wonderful people I miss

There was a fire super close to our house

I discovered taking a drive is one of my fave things to do when I need a quick getaway

October was ca- razy busy

I moved into my favorite place I've ever lived- ever! This cabin

And I experienced the wonderful Griswald experience of cutting down our own Christmas tree

2012 has been good to me. We had some serious downs, but some uber amazing ups as well. What I'm most grateful for is that at this very moment- everyone is healthy. And I can only hope that when we get to this time next year, that I can say the same.

Happy New Year Everyone! See you on the flip side!

Comments

  1. what a great year! and look at you in your cross country skiing gear--you look right at home and the scenery as always is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts