I haven't done a music post in a while. So I think today's the perfect time for one.
Daughter is from the UK and her music is just so hauntingly beautiful... kind of like Florence and the Machine. My husband found her for me and now I just love her.
Enjoy... tell me what you think
Friday, April 27, 2012
Happy Weekend All! It's snowing here in Jackson! Snowing! I was just getting used to wearing flip flops and now I'm back in fleece again- oh the mysteries of mountain weather. So I'm sipping on hot, black coffee, working, and looking oh so forward to the next 2 days.
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Image via here
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
1) I'm almost finished with my book, The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris. It's gigantic and I've only been able to read a little at a time, but it's sooooo good. Usually with books I enjoy this much I never want them to end, but knowing that this one still has another 2 volumes afterwards has kept me going.
2) My husband is back from his 4 day vacay up in Big Sky and it's so wonderful to have him back. I've also discovered that I eat horribly while he's away. Milky Ways's for dinner anyone?
3) It's Wednesday
4) Iced Coffee. I refrigerate the leftover coffee from the day, before I go to bed. And then the next morning- absolute perfection. I just feel like iced coffee goes straight to your veins and gives you that instant pick- me up- I love it!
5) There are 2 little birds that sit on a wire in front of my office window almost every day. They make me happy
Image via here
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
I. LOVE. BISON. Is that weird? They are my absolute favorite animal... so it's kind of awesome that they're so abundant in western Wyoming.
Last Sunday, I had a little "me" day. The hubs was up in Big Sky doing some fly fishing so I thought, after 3 days of staying up till midnight working, I needed a little time for myself as well. So I went up to Teton Park and did some reading by the mountains (pictures to come), and on my way home found me a little herd of bison. Because I have a sixth sense for those kind of things... and I could see them from the road.
How can you not love these guys?
The three amigos
And my buddy again
What's your favorite animal? Because we're in 5'th grade and I want to know.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Happy, Happy Weekend All!!
While it's a partial work weekend for me, it's also a partial relax weekend... so I'm looking forward to kicking my feet up on Sunday :)
I hope you all have a lovely weekend filled with good friends, sunshine, and peonies...
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Get ready for part 2 of Cindy & Alec's fabulously colorful St. John Wedding!
Love this shot with the locals
Can I go here right now?
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous wedding with us Cindy! I wish you & Alec all the best!!
All photography by the talented Elisha Orin
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
This Wednesday, my Thankful Post is dedicated to my husband. Because as of today, we've been together a solid 10 years. I actually thought we'd been together a decade as of last year, but it appears my math was off... I've been forgetting my age as well so it's not too big of a surprise to me... People ask my age. I say 22... 23... no wait I'm 27 . Ya... I'm hoping I'm not the only person who does this
But dear husband, after 10 years of you being an amazing boyfriend/ fiance/ and husband- here are some things I am incredibly grateful to you for:
1) Your sense of humor. You make me laugh like no other- and every single day
2) When I said I wanted us to quit our jobs and move to Wyoming, you listened and discussed it with me, even though you weren't (at the time) on the same page. I know it wasn't easy. Most guys would have brushed off their wife's crazy ideas as just that. But you didn't. You made me feel that despite how out-of-nowhere my ideas can be- they still matter- and then you made it happen. Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you
3) Your insanely fantastic taste in music. If you had your own radio station, I'd listen to it every day
4) I think you're really really good looking.
5) Your support. Having my own business is a HUGE learning experience. But you let me convert our 2nd bedroom into an office (leaving our many out of town guests to sleep on the couch). You've helped me package orders when things have gotten beyond busy. And you've just been there. Hugging me on the bad days. Praising me on the good. And supporting me through all of it.
6) Your determination. Before we moved here, you'd never rock climbed, rowed a boat, or hiked a mountain. And within a year of moving here, you climbed the Grand, became a river rafting guide, and hiked every mountain around us. Your drive and determination are inspiring.
7) How much you love your family and friends. You'd do anything for anyone. You've helped a gazillion people move. And how much you care about both your family and mine is so very refreshing
8) Your sexy blue eyes and the fact that you can get a tan in 10 minutes... and thank- you for loving your super white/ non- tan/ sunscreen loving wife
9) You're a movie nerd.
10) Your unconditional, unwavering, enveloping love. After 10 years, you still put a smile on my face everyday. I love your kisses, your pinches (even if I say I don't), and the fact that we still are just as in love as we were 10 years ago... but even more so now
Happy Anniversary Love!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
If anyone's having a gloomy day- this real wedding is destined to bring some sunshine into your day!
Alec & Cindy were married in beautiful, sunny St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Every shot is just so happy & cheerful- I love it! And the details are incredible! I want this tablescape in my house right now.
Stay tuned for more bright, cheery, gorgeousness in Part 2 on Thursday!
All photography by the talented Elisha Orin