New TopCashBack Members can get a FREE 89 load bottle of Tide Laundry Detergent while supplies last. If you're not a member you can join for free here. Just make sure not to purchase anything else during this transaction or you'll only get a percentage back, as opposed to the total amount of the detergent. You can also choose free store pick-up or if you have the shipping pass it ships free!
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Monday, July 18, 2016
Many of you with children have probably seen an ad for Parasol diapers and wipes show up on either your IG or Facebook feeds. They are a subscription based service like the Honest company that offers an alternative to the regular diapers on the market. Because they were offering a free trial with only $3 shipping- I decided to try them out for Magnolia.
First off, their packaging is adorable. Even the box everything comes in has cute white waves dancing across the entire perimeter. Secondly, I loved the designs on the diapers.She received a mix of 2 different designs divided between 8 diapers. And those diapers really are super soft. They definitely have an extra cushy factor that Magnolia seemed to like. They were also super absorbent. I used them both during the day time and night for her and she never had a leak. I think the only downfall is they tended to sag a bit after a while, but really not all that bad.
The package also came with a 20 pack of wipes that were great and had a very light and pleasant smell.
If anyone wants to try them for yourself, you can sign up for a free trial here. Or if you'd like $20 off your first subscription, give me your email address and I'll send you a specialized link.
Have you tried the Parasol wipes yet? If so, what did you think?
Friday, July 15, 2016
It's the weekend y'all! These next few days are filled with baby showers, birthday parties, work, church and family time and we couldn't be looking forward to it more. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well! See you next week!
Image via Pinterest
Today TopCashback is offering FREE Charmin Toilet Paper via Walmart through this link. If your'e not a TopCashback member no worries- it's free to join. I already got my free detergent in the mail yesterday that I posted about a couple days ago, and my free Fabric Softener in the mail that I ordered yesterday- craziness. So free items with free 1-2 days shipping... I don't understand it- but I love free things shipped to my door for free... and the next day :)
Once you've joined or if you're already a member, then click the pink Get Cashback button and it will take you straight to the item.
Make sure to only have the one item when your'e checking out or else you'll get the normal 6% back instead of the total amount for the Charmin toilet paper. Like similar sites, the money will be deposited back into your account- usually anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. But hey- it ends up being free so who cares
Also, Walmart is currently offering a 30 day free trial for their 2 day shipping pass so if you enroll in that (the first 30 days are free and you can cancel at any time)- then it's all free! You can request free store pick up or pay the shipping fee if you'd like.
Let me know if you have any questions. I've already gotten a free giant pack of diapers this way as well.
Thursday, July 14, 2016
I have to admit that I wasn't exactly looking forward to our first time camping with Magnolia. I absolutely love camping- and I obviously absolutely love my daughter- but since she's not a huge fan of sleeping anywhere other than her crib- I really thought it was going to be a rough night for all of us.
But it was Father's Day and I knew my husband really wanted to go so we decided to just go for it. And I'm so thankful we did! Magnolia did great! She loves being outdoors to begin with and being outdoors non- stop was just pure heaven for her.
We headed out to the campground by Granite Hot Springs just south of Jackson. It's one of our favorite places to car camp and there was surprisingly barely anyone there.
My husband making some kid friendly dinner for us: hot dogs over the fire :)
The only thing that Magnolia was not a big fan of was the fire. She basically hates all things that are hot or warm so when we tried to all relax and sit around the fire it was as if we'd ask Superman to plop down in front of a giant heap of kryptonite. Not going to happen. So no s'mores for us
And although it took much longer than usual for her to go to bed. We both just went to bed together once it was dark (which is around 10pm around here) and after about maybe 45min- 1 hour she was out. I consider this a success since I've heard horror stories of babies and toddlers staying up til the wee hours of the morning crying. And she was basically giggling and squirming around until she fell asleep so it was at least pleasant :)
To help, I thought I'd throw out some of the things that helped us in camping with a toddler.
1) Bring kid friendly food. Camp food I feel like is already pretty kid friendly but it doesn't hurt just to throw it out there. We had hot dogs & chips for dinner and scrambled eggs, potatoes & fresh fruit for breakfast. We also brought lots of munchies
2. Bring extra clothing. I generally pack Magnolia an extra outfit on outings but you may want to pack a couple more and for different types of weather. She got really dirty. Sitting on the ground, playing with dirt, moving dirt from one chair to the next. And then mix that with campfire soot, spilled food, bug spray, juice, and sunscreen- it can just get to be a little messy lol. Plus temperatures can change so drastically from day to night- it never hurts to bring a little extra... their clothes are small anyways. AND- If you're camping in bear prone areas like we do, you want to make sure that when they go to bed they have absolutely no trace of food left on them
3. I would also suggest bringing an extra pair of shoes for them. We only brought 1 which was fine but if you're near water and their shoes get wet- it could be pretty miserable during the evening/ early night.
4. Bring something comforting for bed time. I brought 2 of the stuffed animals my daughter sleeps with and it seemed to at least help her understand what the purpose of the tent was haha
5. Bring kid friendly bug spray and sunscreen. I don't know about where y'all are- but we have a ton of mosquitoes right now!
6. Make sure to also bring kid sized camping chairs & bear spray (if you're camping where there are bears)
7. We also brought one of our backpacking therm-a-rests for her to sleep on and lots of blankets in case it got cold- which it did. I gave her my sleeping bag which is good for temps down to 20 degrees. And I took her Frozen blankets... which coincidentally enough I froze in. So we'll be getting her a an adequate sleeping bag
7. Other than that, I'd just say keep your expectations low and have a great time. We had such a great time on Magnolia's first camping trip and really look forward to going again soon
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Today only, Walmart is offering FREE Tide Laundry Detergent and free shipping to all TopCashback members. If you're not a member, it's free and you can sign up here.
Once you're a member, simply click on this link and click on the pink Get Cashback button. Purchase the detergent through Walmart's website- and then the money will be deposited into your TopCashback Account. Easy Peasy. I love free d
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Living out in a rural area, I do a lot of our family's shopping online. Thankfully we live in a day and age where that's completely possible. Even so, I still want a good deal. I don't want to pay for shipping. And I generally want some sort of coupon code before I'll ever make a purchase. Boxed.com is one of the recent companies I've tried out. They sell large quantities at generally wholesale prices. I've seen some that are more than on other websites but I've also found really good deals on their site.
The first time I ordered from Boxed I was able to score a gift card for their site at 40% off on Gilt.com. Huzzah! So I placed an order with them that afternoon and that night my order had already shipped- I think it showed up 2-3 days later- with free shipping... count me impressed. Unfortunately a giant bag of trail mix that I ordered for my husband had a slit through it and there was trail mix everywhere. But their customer service was awesome and after a couple emails- everything was squared away and I had a credit on their site.
The next time I ordered everything was perfect. Order again arrived in days and not a thing was wrong with it. Their packaging is really bright and happy as well... which I'm obviously a fan of.
Some of my favorite deals off Boxed right now are:
The Live Better Coconut Water (24 boxes for $13.99!)
Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (10lbs for $9.99)
Ziploc Sandwich Bags:(Sandwich 500 for 9.99)
Ghirardelli Brownie Mix (6 packs for $9.99)
Sriracha (28oz. for $2.39)
Honest Kids Organic Juice Drinks (40 for $14.99)
Annie's Homegrown Organic Mac n Cheese (12 boxes for $13.19)
Saran Cling Plus Plastic Wrap (400 sq ft for $3.49)
Have you used Boxed? What did you think?
This review was not sponsored by Boxed.com in any way. All opinions are my own.