Friday, January 25, 2013
Thursday, January 24, 2013
This morning I woke up and it was 18 degrees- pure wonderfulness. I seriously cannot remember the last time I woke up and the temperature was this nice. And to top it off, we're finally getting some fresh snow fall. It's very light- but beautiful as always.
Here's a glimpse into what life has been like in our neck of the woods lately...
Went for a sunset drive with the hubs...
Our cabin from the backyard... on a very chilly day
Getting the Silver Dollar Mercantile's Order ready for them...
Coffee break with my pup...
Cross country skiing on my lunch break...
Washing the dishes and watching the snow fall... this view totally takes the sting away of not having a dishwasher
A moose and her calf hanging out in the front yard...
Taking in the sun
All photos from my instagram stream. Follow me @Silverpencils
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
5 Things I'm Grateful For:
- This last week has been AWESOME! The fact that 2 stores in Jackson Hole are carrying my products has me over the moon with excitement
- New developments with my bridal store are currently in the works... and I'm looking forward to adding a new of line of products
- My dad is back in town! He got here last night and I can't wait to hang out with him... just need to try and get all this work done! :)
- All this work that I need to get done... I'm also very grateful for. Opening a second business, while moving, and right before the holidays is an expensive way to do things... so happy it's starting to pay off
- My husband. He's my biggest supporter and best friend. Every day is better with him in it
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Exciting news! Silver Pencils Home products can now be purchased at retail stores in Jackson Hole!
The oh so cool MADE (town square location) will be carrying an assortment of my scarves and jewelry. (I just dropped off about half of their order yesterday)
And the lovely Silver Dollar Mercantile within the historic Wort Hotel has not only my scarves and jewelry, but also a large assortment of headbands!
So excited to have my business growing within my favorite town!
Friday, January 18, 2013
It's Friday! And although I'll be working into Saturday- I'm excited. Work has been awesome lately and I can't wait to share some of the new developments behind Silver Pencils with you all next week. Have a wonderful weekend!
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Yesterday started out like any other. Danny went to work. I got the coffee brewing and started my work at home. I'd say the only thing that was different was Maverick. He had more energy than usual and was being the most adorable little dog ever. And I felt terrible because I have a huge order due at the end of the week and I've been working tirelessly to make sure I get it finished on time. So, besides letting him outside a couple times to do his biznass, I had to ignore my energetic pup and promise that Dad would play with him when he got home.
I even took this cute photo of him and sent it to Danny at work to let him know someone couldn't wait to hang out when he got home.
Although we've had Maverick for about 5.5 years, we just started training him off the leash since we have a yard now- not the best timing. Danny searched high and low, through the forest, in almost waist high snow, while in his slippers- calling out and searching for Maverick- nothing.
After over a half hour with no results, he called to let me know the situation- insert worst feeling ever. I love that dog like no other. He was my graduation present to Danny when he graduated from UCI, but he lived with me until we were married. I raised that crazy puppy. I taught him how to sit and stay. He helped comfort me through the loss of both of my grandparents. He's my camping buddy, my protector when Danny's away, my little friend. We call him Maverick, Mavi, Mavi Doogie, Doogie, and I call him my Sunshine (because even though he's a dog- he's my son)... but I taunt him and say it all teasingly like in Remember the Titans... "Suuunnnnshiiiiinnnneee... Suuunnnnshiiiiinnnneee." Lord help me when I have kids one day.
So Danny not wanting to miss him, kept searching. And I, without a car, stayed home- totally stressing. I printed out pictures, made weather resistant Lost Dog signs, prayed A LOT, and then after about a hour, decided to reach out to social media as well. We live in a small town, and Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon has nothing on us. Danny called our local radio station and they were awesome in advertising Mavi's disappearance as well. Jackson is awesome.
I was still worried though. Mavi's terrible around cars and I worried about a car not seeing him on the road with night coming. Or the fact that it's negative temps at night and he'd be freezing in the snow. Or that he hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours now. And that we have crazy wild animals here. My anxiety was out of control and my ugly cry face was popping out randomly.
After over an hour and a half of searching, Danny returned to his friend's house to warm his freezing cold feet, and strategize where they should look next. He was inside the house when he saw Maverick's reflection in one of the windows. Saying he looked haggard is an understatement- out of breath. lethargic, covered in snow, with his fur going every which way. And he's got some serious cuts and scratches . But he's back! My little puppy is back! I am so incredibly thankful to have my "Sonshine" back, on his bed, and next to the fire. I have no idea what he did or where he went, but I like to think it was some sort of Homeward Bound experience where he picked up a sassy cat and an old timer retriever for his short, little adventure.
He has my heart...
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
5 Things I'm Grateful for Today!
1) My Cross Country Skis. They've been a lifesaver in giving me awesome lunch breaks outside of the house. So peaceful- and still a good work out.
2) I realized I was thankful for the weather last week, but as of today, I'm very, very thankful for the positive degree temps. Our weekend was filled with terribly cold, -27 degree weather. I think this is our coldest winter out here thus far. Bbrrrr!
3) This one's nerdy- but Fringe. My husband and I just started watching it on Amazon Prime and we are totally hooked... probably too hooked. I've been having Fringe "save the world" dreams and I'm waking up a little stressed out lol
4) Our awesome family and friends. We have so much love in our lives and I am so grateful that even though we're miles and miles away, our amazing family and friends back home still strive to keep updated with us with phone calls, care packages, and Good Morning texts :)
5) Coffee. It's fantastic, strong, and right next to me
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
I was archiving some of my old photos and I came across these 4 from fall that I had completely forgotten about and never posted. I had just gotten back from California and the hubs and I went on a little September drive. It was almost dark, the skies were a beautiful mix of pinks and purples, and the moon was out... love it
Friday, January 11, 2013
Happy Friday All! This is a work weekend for me- but one which I'm actually looking forward to... well at least the non accounting part of it. We're also expecting some negative temps again so I'm just fine with being stuck inside.
For those of you with non negative degree weather- get outside and enjoy the sunshine for me :)
See you back here on Monday!
Thursday, January 10, 2013
I've been a busy bee. Check out some of the new products that have entered SP Home!
XOXO Silver Open Heart Necklace
At the Cross Bracelet
Hello Betty Red & White Gingham Check Stretchy Headband
Ace Up Your Sleeve Spade Pendant Necklace
Native Tribal Chief Necklace
Cayenne Red Double Loop Infinity Scarf
Hadley Navy & White Polka Dot Lightweight Scarf
The White Rabbit Pendant Necklace
Mason Chambray Blue Circle Scarf
Wild Buffalo Lightweight Flannel Loop Scarf
Ivory Vintage Lace Headband
White Vintage Lace Headband
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Today I am restarting the Happiness Trick.
5 things I'm grateful for today:
1) My dad is coming to visit. He called me the other day to tell me he'd be here tomorrow. I love that even though I moved 16 hours away- he still acts like I live 20 minutes away- cannot wait to see him!
2) The weather! Finally getting some above zero temps... I was beginning to cry frozen tears
3) Wedding season is starting to reemerge. Getting back into the swing of all things bridal is exciting & refreshing.
4) My super amazing husband. He planned for, shopped for, and cooked dinner the last 3 nights- and is planning on doing so the rest of the week... and he's done all the dishes afterwards... I don't know what's gotten into him- but I feel very spoiled
5) All the wildlife we've been seeing lately. Last week alone I saw 3 bull moose, 1 cow (lady moose), 3 elk and a great gray owl- and that was all either in front of our house or in our neighborhood- National Geographic livin :)
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
When it gets really snowy, I like to stomp around the yard (the crazy deep snow makes in impossible to do walk any other way) and take pictures of all our pretty surroundings...
Our neighbors were out of town for awhile so Danny fed their horses... and I took pictures of their cute little shaggy faces... I want one... a horse... not a shaggy face
The view from our bedroom one morning when I woke up- the moon totally tricked me into thinking it was still night
We have a great picture window in our family room... I like to look out and watch the snow fall
Looking out yet another window...
Our neighbor's property is gorgeous. And while Danny was feeding the horses, I stood under the lamp post looking up at the moon
Christmas Eve Danny & I lunched at a local Mexican food joint and then walked around the town square
The day after Christmas I totally relaxed and did nothing... it was awesome
I took some pictures of trees...
Follow me on Instragram @Silverpencils
Monday, January 7, 2013
Happy Monday all! Today I have the final gorgeous installment of Kaleigh & Russell's rustic yet glamorous barn wedding. Get ready for detail overload! You'll see what I mean when you get to the dessert station...
Thanks so much for sharing your special day with us Kaleigh! I loved every. single. detail.
Kaleigh is wearing the Park Avenue Hair Flower in White
All photos by the incredibly talented Jen Rodriguez Photography