- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ounces bacon (6 slices)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Place the potatoes in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then crumble.
Add the milk, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash to the desired consistency (I added an extra couple tablespoons of butter than called for... because it was Thanksgiving... and I felt like it). Fold in the bacon, top with the blue cheese, and you're done! Enjoy!