Super Cheesy and Delicious Parmesan Dip

This weekend I made Michael Chiarello's Salsa di Parmigiano and it was delicious! Everything you could want in a dip- super cheesy- and very garlicy... it was wonderful. Plus it's easy and quick to make... my favorite. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb. Parmesan
  • 1/2 lb. Asiago
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
  • 1 cup and a half of extra virgin olive oil (I recommend maybe just using a tad bit less)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Remove any rinds from the cheese and chop the cheeses into rough 1 inch chunks. (I did this with the Asiago but the Parmesan I purchased shredded... because it was cheaper). Place the cheese in a food processor...

Add the oregano and red pepper flakes

Then add the garlic and pepper. Pulse until reduced to a fine pea size gravel.

Stir in the green onion and olive oil (Since I was out of green onion (may be the 1st time my fridge has ever not had green onion!- I skipped this ingredient and just added in the olive oil). Pulse again.

Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours. And eat up! We served ours with bread points, but you can also use crackers (what we tested the recipe with). This mixture is also great over pasta, chicken, etc...



Recipe from here

Comments

  1. It was! It lasted a few days and we used it on bread, crackers, french fries, meat... basically everything :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts