Packin' a Lunch

My husband once told me that his mom used to wake up every morning with his dad and make lunch for him before he left for work. And my response- if I didn't have a job and/or have to leave before you- I totally would do the same thing dear. And I totally believed in my heart that I would. It just seems like a nice thing to do for another person- especially when that person is the love of your life.

So... I've been working from home since December 1'st... and still no lunch. There were the holidays, my birthday, I was sick for a couple of weeks... the violins could go on forever. My husband never once asked me to make his lunch during this time either... I just felt a tiny twinge of guilt in my stomach when he woke up at 3:30am every morning (back when I was working he woke up between 9am- 10am... a lot easier to make lunch for him then) and I kept sleeping.

So today marked a new day. The alarm went off at 3:30am... and I got up, pulled a hooded sweatshirt over my zombie body, and did a penguin waddle to the kitchen.

Once the light hit my eyes and I got some coffee in me... I actually started to feel pretty awake. Check out the salad I made for him.

Chopped Serrano Chilies, Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, Pepito Seeds, Sliced Jalapenos, Pine Nuts, Chopped Cilantro, and Diced Yellow Bell P- and all on top of a bed of fresh spring salad and spinach leaves.I then proceeded to make a homemade vinaigrette. Dude... 3:30am is my time!

After he left, I did my devotions, had another cup of coffee, and decided to make some blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
Although they tasted good, the presentation on those weren't so good- so no pictures there :)
This is my goal. I'm going to keep waking up with Danny every morning at 3:30 to make his lunch. Heck- it's not even 7am and I've accomplished so much

Comments

  1. 3:30! 3:30!? Whoa. My husband gets up at 6:30 and even that is way too much for me... you've inspired me to make it a goal though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm wow. thats dedication and that salad looks so pretty. i like that there are so many peppers and chilli's involved (i love spicy food!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've woken up at 5:30 to make a pb&j sandwich. But I think you just took it too a whole new level!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. E- I know! 3:30 is so early! But I think if I can finally start going to bed earlier- it will begin to get easier... maybe ;)

    Charms- Danny loves spicy food too. Me? I'm a wimp. I had to keep reminding myself not to rub my eyes (a challenge when you're sleepy) after cutting all the peppers

    Sugar- Anything before 8 is early to me. So I commend you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That salad looks DELICIOUS! I'm amazed at the amount of peppers--this is a man after my own spicey heart! Do you also eat hot peppers?

    This is a little known fact, but I make G's lunch before I go to bed each night (for the next day...I have a hard time getting up in the morning). I love that you're doing this. It's a very loving thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no no no! Danny is the spicy person... I am such a wimp it's not even funny... but I do use tapatio and hot sauce now because of him... baby steps :)

    I love that you make G's lunch too. It's something little you can do to show you care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts