One Pan Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie

Yesterday evening I was browsing through some finds on Pinterest when I came across this very recipe. Already craving a chocolatey snack, this divine sign from above called out to me. It being after 5, I knew my time in the kitchen would be better spent on something for dinner, but it didn't matter. The image of this giant chocolate chip cookie was suffocating every other thought inside my head, and I knew that I had been claimed. Enjoy


Ingredients:

  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chunks


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in an 8 inch cast iron skillet over medium low heat. (I only had a 10 inch but it worked out fine).


Stir in sugars...


...and vanilla. Remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm, but no longer very hot, about 5 minutes.

Crack an egg onto the butter and sugar mixture, and use a fork to whisk it well into the mixture. (I was on the phone while making this and was having a bit of trouble cracking the egg, while also holding the phone and taking a picture... hence the lack of picture for this step :)

Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed.

Stir in chocolate chunks. (I used chocolate chips since there were no chunks to be found in our house)


Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until starting to turn golden on the top and around the edges, but soft in the center. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Yum


(Found on Pinterest through tessabella76, Recipe created by Jaime at Sophistimom)

Comments

  1. oh. my. goodness. Its a very good thing we don't have a cast iron skillet. i'm dying over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Totally trying this ASAP, thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! this looks delish, i am def going to be trying this for sure!! YUMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, I'm kinda wishing I was eating that right now!!! It's like a work of art!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! I need to get a skillet now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to go to a restaurant in Seattle who made something very similar. They put ice cream on top of the still-warm cookie in a skillet. And what was this dessert called? An Orgasm! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh my gosh...this...looks...awesome...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts