I love this dinner. It takes less than a half hour to make (a huge plus), and the homemade chimichurri sauce is soooooo good! Try it on a weeknight when you need to make dinner in a flash.
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra- virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin boneless pork chops (1.25- 1.5 lbs) (I use 4 chops)
Place the parsley, cilantro, olive oil, shallot, garlic, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor.
Pulse to form a coarse paste.
Heat a large grill pan over medium- high heat. Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Lightly brush the grill pan with olive oil, then grill the chops until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
If you're not a fan of pork, use the sauce on something else. Since we only made 4 chops instead of the 8, we had lots of sauce left over. My husband used it for sandwiches, leftover chicken, etc...
Recipe from May issue of Food Network Magazine