Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grilled Pork with Chimichurri Sauce

I love this dinner. It takes less than a half hour to make (a huge plus), and the homemade chimichurri sauce is soooooo good! Try it on a weeknight when you need to make dinner in a flash.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup fresh parsley
  • 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 cup extra- virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
  • 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 thin boneless pork chops (1.25- 1.5 lbs) (I use 4 chops)


Place the parsley, cilantro, olive oil, shallot, garlic, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor.

Pulse to form a coarse paste.

Heat a large grill pan over medium- high heat. Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Lightly brush the grill pan with olive oil, then grill the chops until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.




Pour the chimichurri sauce over the chops and enjoy!


If you're not a fan of pork, use the sauce on something else. Since we only made 4 chops instead of the 8, we had lots of sauce left over. My husband used it for sandwiches, leftover chicken, etc...

Recipe from May issue of Food Network Magazine

4 comments:

  1. We love pork and make it at least once a week. I'm definitely going to use this recipe! Looks delish. We've been making a TON of pesto lately, and this isn't far off from that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I make this exact recipe almost every single week - it's one of our absolute favorites! SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chimichurri sauce - looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica- I LOVE pesto! I think I could have it everyday and not get bored

    Amanda- How funny! Did you have the recipe on hand or get it from the magazine too?

    Serena- thanks!

    ReplyDelete