DIY: Men's Dress Shirt to Super Cute Summer Top

I don't think I can express into words how much I love this project from Cotton & Curls. When I can take a 25 cent men's button up I bought at a garage sale- and turn it into a cute summer tank- I'm a happy girl. Shopping at thrift stores and garage sales will never be the same.

This project is super easy- even for the sewing machine challenged. It may take some time for you newbies to do all the ironing, pinning, and hemming- but besides time- it won't take much else- and you can always break the project up into multiple days if need be.

So here we go, how to turn a men's button up into a cute summer tank for yourself!

 Materials needed:

Sewing Machine
Men's Button Up
Matching Thread
Pins, Scissors, Measuring Tape
Iron

Here's the men's button up I got last year at a garage sale. Size large.

Cotton & Curls recommended using your favorite tank as a pattern. Next time I'll probably use one with slightly wider straps but it still worked out fine.

You can either free hand around or mark where you want to cut with a disappearing marker (what I did). I rounded out the front neckline as well.

Hem the bottom to the length you like, as well as the sleeves and neckline. I did all of mine 1/4" with a double fold`over hem (make sure to iron). And then sew into place.

And you get this! I absolutely love it and will be making tons more. (Please excuse the wrinkles- I had it tucked into a skirt the day before).

Comments

  1. Excellent creativity! Men dress shirts are largely admired among women's as they are worn either as a fashion or professional attire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.
    I mean its a great tutioral to make just like that.
    I appricialte to admin to make this type of post for us.
    Thanks.
    Clother

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thank you for your great posting.I came to know a lots of stuffs from your blog.Thank you for your such great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your great posting.I came to know a lots of stuffs from your blog.Thank you for your such great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-) I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours..
    mens custom dress shirts

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, fantastic idea to use or reuse the men shirt. Thanks i love it! men dress shirts wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts