To the Weekend!



Happy Weekend my friends! Today, on this Good Friday, I've just been reflecting on the amazing goodness and love of Jesus Christ. He came down, lived a perfect life- and died for our sins- and then rose from the dead 3 days later. It is because of this that, as Romans 10:9 says: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." How amazing and blessed we are that it's that easy. That it's not by works. It doesn't matter what sins we've added to our name- how dark we've stained our heart. If we believe- we can simply ask for forgiveness- and be forgiven. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast." -Ephesians 2:8 ..."For if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" -Galatians 2:21

I am so grateful that our salvation is not based on works. Because despite my best intentions, I fail on a daily basis. I am selfish, and lazy, and prideful- and in deep need of his direction and love. But God is good. "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." -1 John 4: 9-10

Happy Easter my friends. I'm so grateful for those of you who follow along with my journey. For those of you who've been with me since the beginning- and those of you who joined last week. I hope your weekend and lives are filled with an abundance of love. Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular Posts