The House that Pinterest Built...


I have a friend who I admire beyond measure. She's a beautiful woman of God who loves her husband, her children... and her crafts :)  And unlike me, who pins a gazillion ideas on Pinterest to be carried out at a later date (which has still yet to happen)- Aly pins and conquers. Her house is living proof of all the amazing things you can get done on a budget- if you have the will and determination to do so.

So let's get to the tour:

I'm in love with this chair... which she of course found on Craigslist. The chest was a gift from her aunt, and when the top flew off during the move- they found a nice slab of wood to take care of the job instead...


I love that giant clock

Aly replaced the curtain rod with a branch she found, and painted it white... love the natural look it gives the room

Now on to the kitchen... I LOVE the grey and white stripes they painted around- it adds so much to the room- and I'm uber impressed they did it themselves... because mine would totally be slanted all over the place

They also painted their brown cabinets white. Her husband Cody and a friend made the concrete counter top as well...

Some adorable, ladder picture decor



 Aly took these brown window shutters and painted them with some Valspar Crackle paint to take them from this...

 To this! Love!

Awesome book shelves made of crates...

Some fun little details around the house... Growing peppers and bookshelves made actually from books! This girl is a crafter after my own heart...

Their son Carter's room. Bookshelves made from rain gutters... I totally want to steal this idea for myself. And I love the little magnetic board they made for him from a drip pan!


And then my favorite... the farmhouse dining room table her step dad helped them make. Aly said they just found a simple table off Craigslist and then covered it in old barn wood. Genius


Love how they set these leaves under the top coat of the table...


This room was also a bedroom when they moved in. But her dad helped them cut the wall down into an archway so they could have a dining room.



Aly also found each of these chairs, painted them white, and then recovered all the seat covers to go more with the aesthetic of the room...


Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous house & awesome projects with us Aly! Can you please move to Wyoming now so we can hang out and you can lend your decorating expertise to me?!

Follow Aly on Instagram to see more of her awesome projects @alybugs

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts