I know at the beginning of the year, so many of us "resolve" to work out, eat healthier, etc... So today- I have a healthy dinner option for you. And in less than 2 weeks, I've already made it twice- so that ought to tell you at least how much I like it. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lower- sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pound presliced stir- fry meat (such as flank or boneless sirloin steak)
- 8 green onions, cut into 1- inch pieces (white and light green parts only)
- 4 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of the beef to pan, and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining beef. Add onions, cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce mixture, cook for 1 minute. Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in spinach, and cook 30 seconds. Top with sesame seeds. I then serve mine along side some Japanese sticky rice.
*Serves 4 (Serving size 3/4 cup)
Calories: 230; Fat: 11g (sat 3g, mono 4.2g, poly 2.3g)
Protein: 26.5g; Carb: 6.1g, Fiber: 1.4g, Chol: 37mg
Iron: 3.3mg, Sodium: 356mg, Calc 94mg
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine