Homemade Apple Chips

Another easy and simple recipe here: Homemade Apple Chips. I made them last weekend for the first time and they were really good. I saved the recipe from special on apple orchards from an old Rachel Ray magazine. Very tasty and only 3 ingredients!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 large apples (makes about 3 dozen)

    Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Using a serrated knife or mandoline, thinly slice the apples crosswise. (If you had a mandoline you could definitely get more slices out, mine were a little uneven using the knife but it all worked out)

    Discard the seeds and both ends.Arrange in a single layer on parchment- paper- lined baking sheets.Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.Bake the apple slices, turning every half hour, until dry, 1.5 to 2 hours (1.5 for smaller pieces and 2 for larger.) While I was turning the pieces every half hour and smelling the wonderful aroma of hot baked cinnamon apples, it was also doing this outside... talk about cozy.Once finished, remove and transfer to racks to cool. The pieces that look burnt actually are not- it's just where I had placed more cinnamon.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This looks sooo good! Can't wait to try doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!!! I can't wait to try this, too! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to try this. I made the enchiladas you posted a few weeks ago for Bryan's family and they really loved them. Hope you and Danny are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!!

    Jessica- Yay! Aren't those enchiladas amazing?! I need to make them again. I hope you and Bryan are doing good too- I saw him the other day at his work... well the back of his head anyway (he was helping someone). I'll write soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts