Double Chocolate Brownies

I've always shied away from baking homemade brownies. I don't know why, but they always seemed difficult to me. Plus, the fact that I could pick up a box of Betty Crocker and just add oil and eggs was just so easy. But, I decided to conquer my fears, and make us some homemade brownies last week... and they were soooooo good! Dark, Chewy, and Flaky on top- the perfect brownies...I took the recipe from one of Martha Stewart's Living Magazines- and it was surprisingly simple as well. So here it is, the recipe for: Double Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
  • 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving a slight overhang on all sides.


Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water (what I did). Stir until smooth.

Remove from heat, and stir in sugar.Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt.Fold in flour until combined.Pour batter into pan. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 35- 40 minutes (35 for me). Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using parchment. Remove parchment, and transfer to wire rack. Let cool completely. Cut into 9 squares and Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. They look super yummy, and not too complicated! I think I might have to tackle these, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must warn you- they're very difficult to stop eating... as in- they were gone in 2 days :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts