California Part 1

Our trip to California only lasted a week. But it was absolutely amazing. Each time we drive down, it gets harder and harder to leave. I love my family so much and I miss all their wonderful faces like crazy.

The day we left Jackson we encountered some crazy weather...

We stayed that night in Park City, UT, slept in, and then headed out the next day for the longest part of the drive. But not before fueling up at one of the fast food joints we've missed most: In N Out

We drove through Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California that day...

Good thing I had this handsome guy next to me to keep me company

We arrived in Cali late that night- and woke up to 80 degree weather...

I always loved spending the mornings I'm at my dad's house in his yard walking around. It also just so happens to be Maverick's favorite place: plenty of space to run with lizards and critters everywhere...



He's also got his boxer friend Reef to catch up with and keep him company

My dad and I generally spend our first day together always the same way. He takes me to the Asian market out in Orange County to stock up on all the goods I've ran out of since my last visit...


And then we head to 85 Degrees Celcius to get the best Asian pastries around...

This time we made a pit stop at REI as well. Where he spoiled our baby girl with her own BOB jogging stroller and some Patagonia base layers for our cold Jackson Hole winters.

The next day I had a few hours before my mom was off of work, so I headed to Babies R Us to see some of our registry items in person and check on if I needed to change anything. I could definitely get used to this kind of parking...

Afterwards I got to hang out with my wonderful mama- before joining up with my favorite sister and best friend for dinner in Irvine

The next day was uber relaxing. My mama had to work again- so I stepped outside and enjoyed some much needed quiet time in the Word and catching up on a convicting and fantastic read by Paul Tripp

And then on my way to pick my mom up from work later... I stopped by Thrifty's and got my favorite ice cream- Chocolate Malted Crunch- yum!

I also just so happened to pick myself up a pair of $12 shoes there...  I'm a big spender- watch out

After a couple of days of wonderful, quality time with my mama- I headed on out to visit with my step dad and his girlfriend in San Clemente. Waking up to ocean views was awesome and I could seriously hang out in his backyard relaxing for days. 

We spent our first full day at Disneyland. We were joined by Danny, his mom, my sister, and my best friend as well. I don't think I've ever seen Disneyland so busy- but it was still great to go on a couple rides, get a double scoop of Gibson Girl Ice Cream in a sprinkle cone, and soak up the California sunshine.

My step dad also made sure to get our little girl her first Minnie Mouse with a cute little outfit to go along with it. This little girl got loved on by so many people.


 Up next: Baby Shower Time!

Photos from my instagram. Follow along @Silverpencils

Comments

Popular Posts